Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.0 dadmin login 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPIPIP

Programmer
May 22, 2007
US
Okay so i have a new 4.0 here on the bench and i have a login of dadmin setup under prof18 and i can login, but i dont have full permissions. what am i missing? dadmin logging is setup in the license.

Try

save translations

reset system 4

Rgds,

reset isnt a valid command. i have saved and rebooted. should it be prof18?

And you thought that because you bought this PBX and the LICENSE you owned it! WRONG! You need to have an password that has "maintainence permissions". You can only get this passord from Avaya IF you pay a monthly fee for it. I needed to change my OSS end point and could not because they want me to pay a monthly fee for the full access password. But that's Avaya for you!

Regards

Snafu001,
Dadmin is a dealer login with maintenance rights enabled, since it is meant for business partners who support the customer.

IPIPIP,
I thought you could only have one DADMIN login on a system and it had to be named "dadmin".

When you list logins does it show prof18 with a dadmin service level?

Todd

it does. i tried prof18 and 10018 (per Avaya). they said its a bug of 4.0 and Tier 3 has to fix it. just waiting to get it preregistered and then hand it off to Tier 3. thanks all!

any further word on this? Is dadmin not part of the auth file anymore? i have the same problem in that the login I added doesn't have all maint permissions.
thanks

have to call Avaya TSO and they will manually add full rights. known issue with 4.0

That's funny that Avaya told you to use prof18. The correct profile to use is prof2 for dadmin.

redphone, thankyou. i tried removing the login and adding with that profile and it worked. why didnt avaya tell me that. that would have saved hours. so profile 17 is non-super and 18 is super, and now i know 2 is dadmin rights. what else is out there. does anyone have an avaya doc that list the profiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back