Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.0 and 4.1 call forwarding across SCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronromano

Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
US
Have a situation where on 4.0 user has a phone on site a forwarded to site b. VM on site a using AA. Call user extension on site a forwards to site b no problem. Second call goes straight to VM. Why?

Without anymore information I would say check and make sure call waiting turned on...

All versions. They claim it is spec and you should buy Advanced networking.

Sorry Ron but your still leaving out a lot of detail, what type of forward? what type of phones? who calls a? etc etc.

I think the guys at AVAYA I was talking to are wrong on this. It seems no SCN user, forwarded or not, can get a second call across the SCN. Has anyone had an issue with users at a remote site not being able to get a second call and the caller going straight to VM?

I guess I've never noticed, I just assumed they could. If they're saying "buy Advanced networking", what about SCNs on 3.2 and earlier releases? Is this not a problem on those?

Without SCN it's not possible to forward more then one call per user. I've tried a lot of thing but it's not possible, maybe if you have 3 sites then you might be able to sent it over site C to site B.

greetzzz...Bas

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back