Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.0.10 Pri Bug and Hunt Group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

r6wraith600

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2006
CA
I have done a lot of work recently at a clients site and have come across some changes and issues.

When setting the PRI in manager there is an option that doesn't appear on the PRI configuration at all. This is the drop down for the "channel unit". This is an odd comment because it only applies to a T1 in certain modes. However, I had "timing issues" on the Telco's end and everything was set properly. When I flipped from T1 to PRI Channel unit drop down appeared and I changed it to "Normal". Saved and rebooted and all my timing issues went away.

This menu was only visible when I changed it and it is no longer visible when I look now, but all worked out. Again very odd.

Never mind the .NET framework errors you get when working in the line section on 4.0.10

Hunt Group changes? I have 3 phones in a hunt group. Assume all are free and not is use. If one user places a call out, and a call comes into the group, that one users phone (who made the outbound call) does not ring or even register a call. Call waiting is turned on EVERYWHERE I could find. I called my support and was told, that's the way it is now, he guessed. I got a work around (Hunt group button). However, is this right? They went from 3.2 to 4.0 (for some features) and this was a major thing to change.

So please comment, if you can point me to why the hunt group call flows changed or perhaps I am doing something wrong. Same goes with the PRI setup, why would that channel unit have anything to do with the PRI I was setting up yet not visible in manager when working with the PRI settings.

No, its not on the FTP site yet. I am to be notified by avaya when it is there. When it is I will let you all know and you can go thru proper channels to get it.

Regarding hunt groups, in my experience it doesnt work like that. See below, if user A is on a call it isnt available and so the call will not be presented there as Peter says.
Also the call waiting is invalid if you have call appearance keys.

Overview
Calls to a hunt group are held in a queue when all available members of the hunt group are busy or ringing.

For example, a company provides a customer query number. There are 4 people who answer customer queries. A hunt group is created called 'CustomerHelp' containing the 4 extension numbers. All calls to the customer query number are presented to the CustomerHelp hunt group. A caller using the customer query number rings any free extension in the hunt group. If all 4 extensions are already ringing or on a call, the incoming call is put into a queue. When any extension in the CustomerHelp hunt group becomes free, the longest held queued call is presented to the free extension.

As a SoftConsole operator you can monitor any queues. You do not have to be a member of the hunt group to monitor the number of calls being held in a queue. For more information, see Monitoring Queues. You can answer a queued call without being a member of the hunt group. For more information, see Answering a Queued Call.

You can configure SoftConsole to monitor up to 2 queues. For more information, see Configuring SoftConsole - Queue Mode Tab.

Call Waiting
Call Waiting provides a call waiting tone when you are on a call and another call is presented. When the existing call is dropped, the new call is immediately presented to you. This option is ignored if you have multiple call appearances set on your telephone.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

Ignore my above post, i am obviously talking a right load of parp.

In my defence yesterday was a bad day.

I apologize for my inexcusable reply, if it helps i do feel ashamed of myself.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

I haven't tried it, but for those smaller situ's, could the ddi be sent to the primary user WITH multiple appearances, and secondary user has coverage of that user? rather than using groups..
you'd lose hunt group message individuality? ie queue ddi and reception user mailbox all the same..?
will give it a go next time im in front of a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back