Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3903 Phone Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdiaz008

MIS
Nov 20, 2008
Every once in a while I will receive calls from employees complaining about their phones ringing non stop when answering a call. Has anyone had this problem? If so, I did you fix the problem?

what is the firmware of the set? What release of the PBX?

Phone Type:M3903
firmware v 8.0
PBX: 61c v5.5

The only time I have seen this is when the firmware is not up to date. You might want to try a forced download to the phone just to be sure all is well with the load. That being said, if this is intermittent and you cannot recreate it on the same phone, you may be chasing phantoms, not an easy thing to do!

We had a problem with our analog phones when we upgraded from 5.5 SW to 6.0, and I ended up outing the analog phones, and reprogramming them.

They would intermittantly ring a single set on site, and when you answered the phone, it would just continue ringing.

Also, upon closer tn inspection, some of the clids had been changed on the analog sets during the upgrade as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back