Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3820 dialling out problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffa

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I have a mysterious problem which I hope you may be able to help me with. I manage 2 Meridian 61c's on release 24. My problem is that several 3820 phones seem to have a problem where they cannot dial externaly but they can dial internal numbers ok. Or sometimes they cannot dial at all, getting NU after the second or third digit. The only way to fix it seems to be an easychange,reset the port or unplug the phone. It always seems to be the same phones that have the problem. I have checked the TN's, they're not on the same cards. I have also moved the port of one phone, and it still seems to have the same issue from time to time. Any ideas?

Regards, Cliffa.

do the 3820's have firmware problems like the 3904's? if so reload the firmware..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John,
thanks for the fast response. Is it possible to download individual sets prior to the 3904 series phones? if so could you tell me how please?

Regards, Cliffa.

we didn't play with the 3800 sets..euro only so i was asking. if that is not a firmware problem then i would retest the hardware.. if it was all sets then maybe a single dtr channel is bad.. i've never has a network or controller card do that.. i would maybe entc a few of the sets to see if i could see a common link

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

OK I'll give it a go.

Thanks John, I wish you a geat Christams & New Year.

Regards, Cliffa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back