Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 PARTITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

pea123

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
Have two Analog trunk groups <i.e Trunk group 1 & 2> on a 3300.Need to direct certain Stations to use only Trunk group 1 for making external calls & the rest of the Stations to use only Trunk group 2 for making external calls.
How do I make the routing?

Can't say I have done it but I imagine that you could use interconnect restriction to achive this. I would also imagine that you would need to have a route list for each ARS entry that contains both trunk groups.

Ideally this is what the tennanting license is for as you would split the ext's into different tennants. If you have the license (think it comes as standard in 4.1 then use this).

I program this all the time for customers, and the way I do it via COR. Assign a different COR to the phones, lets say COR 10 for TG1 and COR 11 for TG2.

In your route assignment create 2 routes, one which allows COR 10 and dis-allows COR 11 and the other one allows COR 11 and dis-allows COR 10

Create a route list, which your dialled digits are sent to with these two routes in.

Hope this information helps

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

Interconnect restrictions will restrict inbound, transfers and hold pickup as well as outbound calling.

Cor restrictions are the way to go.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Have done separate COR <ie COR1 & COR2>but still cant point stations to use relevant TGs.The ARS remains the same right?.How should I point stations to the TG to use or rather how do I make Individual account codes access particular TG?I need all stations to be able to call each other.

A step by step advice will be most welcome, thank you.

I've done this both with COR and Interco.
Interco is simplest in my view since you don't have to create new trunk groups and routes. It does mean that you need to give each device type and tenant it's own unique interco. You can set this up so each tenant can call each other but you can have a user in tenant 1 transfer a call to tenant 2 since that tenant would be restricted from that trunk.

Ralph

To Use COR

Required:
Separate Trunk groups
Separate COR groups
Separate ARS routes for each Trunk Group/Cor Group
ARS Route List for each 2 Routes

The following does not account for multilevel toll restiction. The example only illustrates the method.
e.g.
Company 1
TG1
COR Group 1 - Member(s) 2
Route 1 - Selects trunk grp 1 Cor group 1
Extensions set to COR 1

Company 2
TG2
COR Group 2 - Member(s) 1
Route 2 - Selects trunk grp 2 Cor group 2
Extensions set to COR 2

Both
Route List 1 - 1st = Route 1, 2nd = Route 2
ARS Digits - 9+X = route list 1

A caller with company 1 dials a number
system selects route list 1
route list 1 selects route 1
COR check allows call
TG 1 selected
Call Proceeds

A caller with company 2 dials a number
system selects route list 1
route list 1 selects route 1
COR check Denies call
Route list 1 selects second choice route 2
COR check allows call
TG 2 selected
Call Proceeds

Hi, kwbMitel is correct. His outline of how to set it up is very involved. In particular the routing (ARS). If your a novice like myself, have your VAR give you a hand. I smacked my head into the wall for a few days, finally got a headache and made the call :)

Good luck!

Jim

Hi All;

You can do it, by have different Leading digit.
for ex. 9 & 8.
and you can point each leading digit to different Trunk Groups.

1st : difne the TGs.

2nd: in COR define the restriction need to who is not able to access each other.

3rd: go to Digit modification assinment (DMA) and Absorb 1.

4th: go to route Assingment and define New route each one with differenet Trunk groups and same DMA.

5th: go to ARS digit Assinment and define . the leading digit to acceess each TGS. as following.

ledaing Digit Route COR
9 1 2
8 2 3

then you go to station Assignment Fourm.
and defin each extension wit the required COR.

Kindly Regards
Ala'a

KwbMitel; Where in the tenant or the user can you define what Digit Modification plan (I.E insert 1415) to follow. Also all digits in our systems use a 7 for the outbound call, none of our users are able to dial from call history is there away around this?

VocalNetworks - I recommend you start a new thread with your own questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back