Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 MXeII hardware compatibilty 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomp9434

Vendor
Sep 11, 2009
US
Anyone have an easy way to check the compatability of the SX-2000 node with the Mitel 3300 controller? Will the following work 9400-200-133-na or 9400-200-158?

"Voice and Data Solutions

The 158 cabinet will work, so will the 133, but the 133 cabinet is a slave cabinet normally found only in expanded peripheral node configurations.

Your 3300 will need to be equipped with a Dual FIM MMC card. One or both fiber connections can be attached to one or two SX2K Node cabinets. You can also use the 3300 with an SX2000 DSU node om the same way.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

I'm pretty sure the 3300 supports the Expansion Per Node configuration. >80%

Never seen one though.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Yes, the 3300 does indeed support expanded pers. Hardware-wise the Master P-node requires a 9400-200-119-NA Peripheral node interconnect card in slot 16-B. Another one goes in slot 16 (not 16-B) of the slave (in place of the peripheral switch controller card). The master & slave are then interconnected via a shielded Ethernet cable, which I vaguely recall as being physically limited to a length of 10 feet. In a master-slave expanded pers configuration you use only one PSC per peripheral p-node pair. There are also some blocking considerations in the circuit switch matrix an Expanded Pers configuration, identical to what it originally was on the 2000-SG.

The 9400-200-116 P-Node cabinet can also be used. This is the -48DC variant.

Thanks MitelInMyBlood...I have this Release note from MOL and since I do not put in that many P Nodes in, I really did not know which one I could install.

MCD 5.0 Release notes:

Peripheral Cabinet Part Number Description PRC Installed PSC II
MC312AB
9400-200-110-NA** FD Per (AC) Yes Yes
9400-200-113-NA FD Per (AC) NO Yes
9400-200-130-NA Microlight (AC) NO Yes
9400-200-133-NA Microlight (AC) NO Yes
9400-200-116/117-NA New PER II (AC) NO Yes

I faintly recall that release note, or more accurately a similar RN that was issued previously during the original heydays of the SX2000 light. My recollection is that the 'Yes/No' comments had to do with those various cabinets' capability to serve in Master or Slave configurations, respectively. Only thing I question is the 9400-200-116 stating that it's an AC cabinet, which in fact it could be either AC or DC. I know this because I have 22 of the -48 DC variant sitting in a storeroom eventually slated to go to a recycler. We previously offered them to two secondary market resellers, neither of which expressed any interest. They can of course be converted back to AC, just as an AC cabinet can be converted to DC, but doing so requires the purchase of all new power supplies for each cabinet.

PNX, aka Peripheral Node Expansion or "expanded pers" as it's more commonly called, was introduced in Lightware 30 release 1 (R-stream)

With the possible exception of pre-1999 units I am 90% sure that any SX2K Light P-Node cabinet currently operating in a NON-expanded Pers configuration can be leveraged to serve as either a master or slave. Why Mitel would have ever invested the engineering time in designing a separate backplane and marketing a P-Node cabinet for a slave-only configuration completely escapes me. The -116 variant can in fact be used in either Master or Slave configuration, in contrast to the release note.
Code:
4.5	PSC card, PER, PER II and master/slave configuration requirements
Part number for Per	Description	PRC 
Installed	PSC II
MC312AB	PSCI
MC312AA	With Master and slave expansion setup, Per can be configured as:
9400-200-110-NA**	FD Per (AC)	Slave only**  (required EMI Kit cannot be installed on early -110-NA variants)
9400-200-113-NA	        FD Per (AC)	Slave only
9400-200-130-NA	Microlight(AC)		Not possible
9400-200-133-NA	Microlight(AC)		Not possible
9400-200-116/117-NA	New PER II (AC)	Master or Slave

Our 9400-200-116-NA cabinets all came with a PSC-II card installed in slot 16, so when we deployed expanded pers we wound up with 11 spare PSC-II cards, once more with zero interest being expressed by the secondary market.

All memories of a pre-historic era now, as we're a Cisco Call Manager shop today (sigh...)

MIMB - I miss you bro

kwbMitel - ditto bro
Sent you a pic of that 22 cab. -48dc system just b4 we decommissioned it, but never heard from you

I don't support any SX2000's

I also changed jobs so you might not have my new email.

Same name as before but now {AT}sunco.ca

MitelInMyBlood- I thought I was all set, however the customer just dropped off the cabinet. It is a Micro light ( 9400-200-158-NA). Looking at the installtion guide, it does not show where the ONS/DNIC cards are supposed to be installed . Also, the slots are not numbered. The Power converter card is to the far left, does that make it slot 1?
Is this cabinet even supported?

Thanks-

You can use a Micro-Light on a 3300 (can't be Expanded) but you will need a control triple FIM card (replaces the Main Controller card in the micro light cabinet but they are getting hard to find) the Power converter is in slots 1,2 and 3 so the first card slot for ONS/DNIC's is slot 4 (through Slot 12)you can connect the 2nd and 3rd Fiber connections on the control triple FIM card to utilize the 4 DSU slots if needed.

Craig

I don't remember what the DSU Slot FIM carrier (9400-300-308) is used for. Anybody else remember? But the 50001856 is the correct card to go into the Micro Light cabinet. Will need the Dual FIM modules in the 3300.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back