Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 MXe Embedded Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBroadway

Technical User
Sep 2, 2010
GB
Hi There,

I've set up an "Information" voicemail box for a personal ring group.

After the message is played to the caller, the system gives the caller the option to dial 0 to ring the operator.

Can this be changed so that rather than the option heard for the operator, the call is ended after hearing the message?

Thanks
Ian

This is the exact reason why I use menu node type instead of Information

Plays the message 3 times and can be configured to hang up.

Usually just repeating the message is enough.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Is it possible to tell me how to do this? I've created a new mailbox, assigned it as a Menu Node. I assume I now proceed to the MLAA page?

No need to add any options in the MLAA form, the menu node mailbox greeting will be heard by the caller, log into the administrator mailbox 9999 and edit your new menu node mailbox to play three times and then disconnect the call

right ok so I just change my current mailbox with the already recorded message to "menu node" and then access the admin mailbox and change the time out option?

Correct, mailbox type will be menu node, edit using the admin mailbox and set to disconnect after timeout

Awesome, did as you instructed, works a treat. Thanks all for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back