Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 MCD Release 4.2 downgraded to release 4.1 - HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opalicious

Programmer
Jul 13, 2012
CW
Hi Guys n Gals,

Haven't been on in a while which means no problems until now. I sure hope this one is an easy answer.

We have a 3300 MCD, rel. 4.2 which somehow got degraded to rel. 4.1 I can see this from the 'about' button, as it shows active software load 10.1.0.69_1 and inactive software load 10.1.2.16. Can a simple 'SWAP' command restore the 4.2 release?

I'm pretty sure someone went in and tried programming something and did something wrong to downgrade the system, but now im stuck getting it back up to right level.

All your answers are appreciated, this has caused major re-programming issues for me.

Thanks in advance,
Opalicious

10.1 is not 4.2

10.2 is 4.2

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, kwbMitel, once again you come to my aid.

So if I do the swap command will it work, and revert to the 4.2?

Neither load that you have is 4.2 so I would consider your suggestion an unlikely outcome.

It would depend upon why they reverted back , if the upgrade failed then it may not have been able to run on that version

Also if you do a swap you will lose any system changes made since ( vmail messages config changes)

I would try again with the software installer to do a fresh upgrade rather than taking the quick method of just swapping.

Also make sure you make a backup first .

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

@kwbmitel,

I'm not versed with the software upgrades/downgrades,I never had to do any of that stuff, was never really thought it either,I do the programming, I know the release was 4.2, so how do I get that back online? I thought the swap command would revert it back to 4.2, now im getting muddled.

@billz66 - this was an error on someone's path, not sure whose, other peeps with access. So it was more of a failed programming of some sort i think, not an upgrade. Again I have to give an answer this morning, the swap is the quick way out you way, with loss of recent changes, vm etc. but would it do the trick? I have never installed anything on this system so wouldn't know where to start, only programmed the phones as requested.

Thanks for your replies Gents.

Unless you've made a typo in your original post there is no way to get to 4.2 other than a full upgrade

This should be done by a qualified tech

As kwbMitel says, you don't have 4.2 in the inactive partition. It is 4.1 SP2.

Using the SWAP command will make it active, I guess you could always SWAP back if it is not what you expected.
Just take a backup before you do it if you're concerned.

New Post kwbMitel (TechnicalUser)
5 Dec 14 14:24
Unless you've made a typo in your original post there is no way to get to 4.2 other than a full upgrade

This should be done by a qualified tech.

New Post sarond (TechnicalUser)
5 Dec 14 23:13

As kwbMitel says, you don't have 4.2 in the inactive partition. It is 4.1 SP2.

Using the SWAP command will make it active, I guess you could always SWAP back if it is not what you expected.
Just take a backup before you do it if you're concerned.

@kwbMitel - it was a typo, thanks for pointing that out,I've been so wound up since this happened, the inactive partition is 4.1 SP2 as per Sarond.

@ Sarond - I will relay all this info to the relevant parties and see what they decide. It looks like in any case, I'd still need to do some reprogramming,reconfiguring, etc, after the swap back to 4.1 SP2.

Thanks to ALL of you for your very expert answers and advise.

Happy Holidays !!!
Opalicious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back