Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 ICP missing DN from Call forwarding profile 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike__K

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2020
US
I have a user that can't set forwarding, when I looked for her DN in the Call forwarding profile list it was missing. When I try to add the DN to the Call forwarding profiles I get the message "Invalid Directory Number". everything else is working. I thought about deleting the phone from the user and rebuilding it but I don't want to loose the voicemail from NuPoint. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I was able to figure this out, I used the Call Forwarding - Third party feature code to turn on the forwarding for the DN and then it showed up in the Call Forwarding Profile list.

OK so this is not totally fixed yet, I have a work around but I'm at a loss as to what/why this is going on. It seems that using feature codes I can set forward number and they show up in the forwarding profile list but I can't create new forwarding profiles or edit existing ones using MVB, It all ways gives me the message "Invalid DN". Also using the forwarding phone app on the 6930 fails. I have checked the COS and everything there seems to be set correctly (I think).

>>>> VERSION of Saved Software <<<<
3300 ICP Call Control 44.0.3.15

COS settings

Call Forwarding/Rerouting
Call Forward - Delay 0
Call Forward No Answer Timer 15
Call Forward Override No
Call Forwarding (External Destination) Yes
Call Forwarding (Internal Destination) Yes
Call Forwarding Accept Yes
Call Reroute after CFFM to Busy Destination No
Call Forwarding Reminder Ring (CFFM and CFIAH only) No
Disable Call Reroute Chaining On Diversion No
Follow Reroute on Disabled Forwarding No
Group Call Forward Follow Me Accept No
Group Call Forward Follow Me Allow No
Third Party Call Forward Follow Me Accept Yes
Third Party Call Forward Follow Me Allow Yes
Use Held Party Device for Call Re-routing Yes

HCI
HCI/CTI/TAPI Call Control Allowed Yes
HCI/CTI/TAPI Monitor Allowed Yes

Is the destination internal or external?

It could be overlapping with another number.

menu call forwarding from 69xx had an issue with early MIVB Firmware ( didnt work)
access code shoudl work if it doesnt conflict with other data

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

@sarond,

That was it! When I tested it with internal extension numbers always works but external phone numbers fail. From that clue I figured it out! For some reason the entries from before I inherited the system show the format of <Area><number> but trying 1115551212 would give me the error, however if I use format of [91]+<Area><number> (i.e. 911115551212) it works! Interesting that it does not seem to need the 91 added when using a feature code from the physical extension.

@Billz66

Thanks for the info, I will talk to the vendor about updating the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back