Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 ICP CX Controller Only 4 VM Ports. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgoddard

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
I have a 3300 ICP Cx Controller V8.0. As a default it has only 4 VM ports that can be used. I think i have a dual DSP card in there for a total of 4 dsp's. If i use the command Show stat DSP it shows 4 dsp's but after i programmed the system's port capacity up to 16 and try to call one of the new VM ports it tells me "out of service". Now my question is does having this extra dual dsp card require a compression licence to make use of it's resources. And another really main question is. We have an AA menu built that handles all our incoming calls for example we only have 4 VM ports and say 3 people are in there VM box checking messages and 3 calls come into the VM AA will all 3 calls get through or will 2 of them get the busy/reorder tone. Thanks much for your help.

go to Maintanence Commands and BU **** (where ****is the ext number of the port) and the RTS ****

Then do stat **** and see what it says.

I've had this with RAD port's which go OOS and you need to Busy them and RTS them

As long has you purchased an additional DSP module you should be ok up to 16 ports. You do not need compression licences for this

The Engineering Guidelines show that the Base system with a
Dual DSP will only provide 4 VM ports if you have compression licenses.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

When you do the RTS EXT command does this reset the system. Cause it reset my system.

eh no! you sure your just typing RTS EXT 1000 (or whatever number it is) i take it you did a BUSY EXT **** first?

BUSY EXT **** will "busy out" that local so that it cannot receive/initiate calls. In your case **** will equal the individual directory number that you assigned to each individual voicemail port.

RTS EXT **** will "Reture To Service" that local so that it can now receive and initiate calls.

These commands are helpful with trying to get a stuck local back into service.

Also, there is no reboot of the entire phone system when using the RTS command.

There is a seperate command for rebooting/reseting the entire phone system - RESET SYSTEM. There is no need for you to use this command right now.

What if I don't want to put a signature on my posts?

You need to upgrade your Base package\bundle on the AMC to get 16 ports.

Opsmgr06

No you don't! The only thing you need is an extra DSP in the CX / CXi, it has nothing to do with Base package/bundle

i got it working just fine. we already had an extra dual dsp in there. After i done what Mitelmatt said it was all good. Thanks alot guys for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back