Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 4.2 analog trunk cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechInter

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
CA
Hi,

On 3300 CX MCD 4.2 with analog trunk, when I call thru ARS a external number and I talk over the caller (only one word), the caller voice "cut" for one second ... When I take the same trunk over FAC "individual trunk acces", no problem !

Any idea ?
Thank you

10 sec on both COS (set and trunk)

Also, I tested the same call thru ARS by a ONS phone, and no problem. It's look like the echo canceller don't working correctly. I have the same situation on more than one 3300.

I've got the same issue on a site.
Using analog ports on an CXi. Ver 4.2
Hours of troubleshooting.
(Didn't think about the direct trunk select.)
Swapped controllers - no change.

Finally.....
tech support came back and said This:
"The doubletalk/talkover issue is inherent to VOIP. RND has assessed this in previous software, and there are no plans to remedy this at this
time. We will tolerate light doubletalk, but not heavy doubletalk.
Support tried with hardware EC and Software EC and the results are the
same. This was tracked previously as a problem under P.262144."

Customer is now switch to a PRI where for some reason we're not expecting problems.

Dry Aquaman

Thank's a lot Dry Aquaman for your reply, I'll stop pulling my hair out !!! My next step was to contact tech support ... but it's a shame to hear this from Mitel, in other word, no development in the futur.

Good week-end

The description of the problem is unclear to me. Can you be more specific?

Your issue seems like it may be related to Answer Supervision.

Audio Inhibit Until Answer Supervision - Default = YES

This option is used to prevent a DTMF receiver, in line split mode, from being connected between the originating party and the outgoing trunk during the digit outpulsing phase of the call processing cycle. It is used for sites that are tied to very sensitive central offices or remote PBXs. When enabled, the audio path is fully connected and the two parties will be able to talk only after the answer supervision has taken place. Select "Yes" if a DTMF receiver, in linesplit mode, is NOT to be connected between the originating party and the outgoing trunk during digit outpulsing. Select "No" if a DTMF receiver, in linesplit mode, IS to be connected between the originating party and the outgoing trunk during digit outpulsing

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back