Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

302 attendant console

Status
Not open for further replies.

84Mike

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
US
We are pushing our G650s out in favor of IP phones. Has anyone found a solution to replace the 302 attendant consoles? We have 3 of these currently, and would like to phase them out, if possible. Thanks for any advice.

Currently running CM 6.3

Are you taking the G650s out of service and replacing with media gateways, or pure IP with AAMS?
If the the prior, then just attach the 302 to a digital board.

The plan is to eliminate the DCP hardware.

You could replace the 302 with a normal phone (9611 or something). Your other option is One X Attendant for an IP based computer console.

Avaya didn't release any modern console hardware past the 302D.

I had forgotten about this thread...

Randy, I was looking at your suggestion to replace the 302 with 9611 IP phone. when I change/add attendant, it seems to only give me options for digital sets/ports. How can I use a 9611 as an attendant?

Just realized you can enter 'IP' in the port field on the attendant form...

You could use 9608 with up to 3 button module (BM 12 or SMB24), create agents queue in vector, etc... assing q-call, q-time and busy indicator buttons. Ithink is the closest way to duplication console attd. Or buy the One-x attd console like Randy said..: software + license + instalation = 2-3k.

I don't know if One-X Attendant is available anymore now that Equinox Attendant is the 'new' thing. I'm not a fan. One-X Attendant and IPOCC is originally from Tenovis and what Avaya's done, as far as I can tell, is make the IPOCC ACD application a "Breeze plugin" and your Equinox Attendants can't operate standalone and must connect to the Equinox Attendant Breeze plugin.

One-X Attendant had a client/server architecture too, but if you had just 1, you could have the client/server software on the 1 PC. Now, I think they're trying to force your hand into putting a receptionist ACD server in.

If you need queuing you could go that route - it will require other infrastructure you may not have (or you may, IDK).

You could build an attendant vectoring VDN for your tenant and make that vector simply "route-to" the IP 96x1 phone.

People are still buying 1XA, I can't comment if that's the best choice or not knowing about Equinox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back