Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 beeps on out going calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olan263

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2013
US
When we anyone tries to make an out going call we get 3 beeps and a message saying waiting for line then the calls connects. Has anyone had this issue and if so how did you fix it?

Check your short codes and ARS routing. It sounds like outbound calls are hitting an ARS table that have trunks Out of service, then the call is failing over to another working trunk?

I've checked and everything looks correct, I was trying to set up a block list and deleted all my changes and its still happening

This is an ARS issue. Run monitor with default filters, make a test call then follow the targeting for the call.

If you can't get your head around the trace then post it here (Just need the few lines around where it says "ARS Found")

Also check Outgoing Group ID for your trunks. For example, if you have a PRI that is outgoing group 0, but you also have analog trunks configured as outgoing group 0. Something similar to this could be causing the issue.

If it has only just started happening have the relavent lines checked

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Sorry I didn't get back to this yesterday.

I've looked at the trace and there are no CMARS lines to look at. Did you default the filters? Can you re-run and ensure that the CALL : Targeting and ARS filters are checked, then make a test call and provide the number dialled so I can follow the callflow?

Thanks,

I did default the filters targeting ARS. I did a few test calls yesterday and phone numbers ended in 1380 at 10:19 am, 4569 at 10:20 am and 6879 at 10:21.

I'm still learning this new voip system we just switched to it a month ago. I had crash course training on this so please bare with me.

Maybe a lot quicker to post the config rather than traces. Save it as a file, open offline and excise anything sensitive (customer names, external IP addresses and then share). I suspect with a view of shortcode-ARS-lines the glitch will stand out.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

... also it may be easier to capture the events using System Status (SSA) and play them back. Tends to be less cryptic than System Monitor.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

After being on a call with avaya and the help from everyone here we found we out our sbc was down and we are on the secondary connection. The server is fired and trying to get the back up going is creating more headaches. Thx for all the help everyone.
If any one has any training videos or documents that would be great. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back