Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.2 (54) SCN gone insane..PLZ HELP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZJeepGirl

Programmer
Apr 12, 2006
US
I have a SCN x3.
Main site...412 w/ centralized VMPro...other two sites are 406's. Having many strange issues suddenly.

1-When in the VM system (whether it be the AA or a mailbox) the thing is inserting random DTMF tones i.e I hit the AA & want to transfer to ext 1133 so that is what I dial. The system sees 11133.

2-When ringing a remote ext on no answer there is dead air on the return trip before vm finally answers (on the route back to the Cen. VMP server)

3-Operator is at a remote site and calls are randomly being dropped whether direct dialed or via Zero out (about 30-40%)

4-Remote sites are having intermittent issues with the Message waiting indication not responding appropriately.

5-When in a remote extensions vm, pressing 1 does not by pass the greeting to leave a message, on exts on main (local) site does that work. For remote sites you need to dial *1. A random caller will not know which of the three locations a station is at.....

Any help is much appreciated....

Go away or I will replace you with a very small shell script!

Oh boy, should have read my own post. You are correct. The line "Do this for each site so you have a default route (0.0.0.0) and routes set to the other sites as above" shouldn't be there. You should have routes back to the main site. But I have not heard of this as a mesh. I was under the impression that meant exts that were intermixed. Either way it was my mistake. Star for you for picking up my mistake.

ronromano,
well I guess it's good that I got too slammed to work on that on Friday LOL. At this point anything is worth a shot. Thanks for picking up on that tlpeter....any other ideas? At this point we are considering upgrading to 4 and making all users local on the main site and using remote hotdesking to the other two remotes.....

did you at least set the routes form the main site to the other 2 and the remotes to the main. I was wrong about the remote sites having routes to the other remote sites ( I should have checked before posting) but you do need to have routes from the main site to each of the remotes and a route from the remote sites back to the main site.

ronromano-yep those were already in there....

is your connection a vpn connection by hardware or do you use a license on the ipoffice ?
i saw you posted an ip route where the gateway is the ip adres of the ipoffice
this is also the case at site 2
if vpn hardware is used then it is wrong
then it should be the vpn router at the location where the ipoffice is

tlpeter-they are p2p t's not vpn. They are actually 3 bldgs in a campus type enviornment

what you can try is change your ip route at site 2 and 3
remove the 0.0.0.0 and make it the ip adres of your main site
also give it a subnetmask

ok we can give that a shot, but it will require a reboot so it will have to be done afterhours

If you are using the G.711 codec:
Turn off "Out of Band DTMF" on all IP trunks using the G.711 codec.
If the codec is G729 leave "Out of Band DTMF" On.
This is not new to 3.2 been around for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back