Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2400 / AD-40 message waiting lamps not working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowtrac

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2010
US
I have a 2400 IPS with MCI and an AD-40. A few days ago I started getting calls that the voicemail lights on the phones (NEC Dterm series E) were not working correctly. They're either on when there's no messages, or they won't illuminate when a new message is left. All the voicemail functions work as they should. I've gone into the switch configuration on the AD-40 and set "reset all lamps" to yes, but that didn't correct the problem. Is there some way to refresh the MWI from the 2400?

Thanks,
James

the command for setting the message waiting indicator is CMWL

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks for the pointer. I had already located the CMWL_T command, which looks like it goes to the same configuration section as you have to specify by extension or LENS. When I look up the settings for an extension with the light stuck on, it lists the following:

MWLAMP On (off is greyed out)
MCI Off
ATT Off
STA Off
Vmm On

If I set Vmm to off, then the light goes off, but doesn't turn back on when a message is left.

An extension with the light off lists the following:

MWLAMP Off (on is greyed out)
MCI Off
ATT Off
STA Off
Vmm Off

My message lamp on and off string in the Switch setup is @X. It's always been that way. Does that mean that it is supposed to be passing the MWI information to the 2400 via MCI?

Try resetting your IO-24. Switch it to MB and then bring back on line. That will update the lamps.

Oh and one other thing....You can restart the VM server and that will also refresh the lamps.

Try resetting your IO-24. Switch it to MB and then bring back on line. That will update the lamps. I would try this first.

MercuryComm,

Thanks! I had already reset the VM server and that had no effect. I switched the IO-24 to MB, then back on. After it came back up I noticed that it had more lights lit on it than it had before. I did another lamp reset from the AD-40 and all is well.

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back