Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2216 doesn't display "logout" 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

geerg

Technical User
Jan 11, 2007
NL
I've got a group of people using m2216 phones. When they log out of Symposium then some get "logout" in the display and some not. I've checked the phone sets but haven't seen anything that explains the display differences.
When they log in into Symposium they all get "logged in" in the display.

Any ideas?

Might check the release of the phones. See if the ones displaying "logged out" are the same as the ones that do not.

I've got the same problem (= same call ticket ;-)
The 2 sets are of the same release:

ARIES TN
TN ID CODE: M2216
NT CODE: NT2K18AJ
COLOR CODE: 35
RLS CODE: 05
SER NUM: 100xxx

The programming is (besides from hunting cls values) the same but the act differently in displaying LOGGED OUT?

MSB 2x indeed logged out the set, but still "LOGGED OUT" doesn't display?

Take a working "logged out" set and put on a TN that didn't show logged out. Then you'll know if it's a release issue.

That is a display problem, not a set problem. There is more than one wiring type of 2216 display ribbon cable connections. I bought extensively from a reseller who had to list that on their boxes - logout/no logout feature. I don't know who would accept one that didn't display logged out, maybe they had too many cheap mexico displays and wanted to use them, or only use on 2616s?

I'll give ya a star for that Bigindian.....I've wondred about that for a couple of years now. Gracias!

Thanks to you all.

Its a fault in the phone itself.
The swap with a working/not working set did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back