Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050 Softphone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tman45

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2007
US
Hey Everybody -

I was curious if you have a possible solution as to why our signalling server won't release our Softphone registration (we have a 5.0 CS1000E system)... the Softphone is built as a Supervisor set as our VP uses it to silent monitor our Call Center. I can re-create new hardware IDs and the Softphone will still come up as 'Duplicate TN'. The only workaround thus far has been to either out it or move it to another TN ... then it will only work for a day (so I orginally thought it was something to do with midnight routine) but we left it running during midnight routine and it still worked until I shut it down and tried to relaunch it. Therefore, it is something to do with SigServer not releasing the registration (or so our vendor says). Any ideas??
We are currently on CAM03 patch level and are BEGGING for CAM04 from our vendor and Nortel!! However, CAM04 does not appear to address this Softphone issue.

It does give error ITS2001 after it appears to attempt connection with message ITS5008 (Registration rejected reason 3)

It also appears that we have error LOG003 VTM: vtmVSIAemBootHandler: AEMs readiness timeout is expired for the device 0x6b18fc3c with TN 252-0-0-30 IP 10.1.4.60 and IT Type 2050PC. AEM list is not updated.

I didn't get any response yet and wondered if anyone could still try to help on this ... do you need any other info?

have you reset the hardware ID from the softphone options?

Mato' Was'aka

Yep. And I did verify that the hardware ID changed.

I can re-create new hardware IDs and the Softphone will still come up as 'Duplicate TN'

We are using version 2 softphone as we don't have a license manager server for version 3. We were thinking that maybe it is a compatibility issue?

No it's not a compatiblity issue. I have the same problem. I'm on 5.5 CS1k using ver 3.2 softphones

It seems that the TN, IP, and HWID are not releasing from each other. i'm getting duplicate HWID error messages. In some cases i can't even use a new TN because the PBX has locked the HWID to the old TN and the set will not regester.

if you go to ld 117 and type "locrpt all" you should be able to find the softphone in question and you will see the hwid and the TN in that list. this list is not updating.

Interesting tip on this one. Try to rebuild the softphone to a new Superloop (one with no other IP phones). We outed and rebuilt on a new Superloop (from 252 to 248) and it has been working like a champ!!! Who would have thought! Usually moving the TN card or port is enough! I should have tried new SuperLoop before engaging our vendor :) Our softphone has been working properly for days now (when before it would always dup register by the next day). Unfortunately, there is no explanation why there is this issue. I would say time for a patch!!!
Very interesting, MondoMan3 that the softphone is still having issues on 5.5 with 3.2v softphone!

I'm curious, for everyone experiencing this issue, what DepList's are your SS & CS's on?

As a side note, i2050PC v3.3 is out now, rlsd in the last couple days.

Hey guys ... our Softphone is not working since the guy came back from vacation and tried to register (after it had been working on my PC). So, I think it has something to do with registering to a new IP address (it worked just fine until he tried to register).
I wonder if 3.3 softphone would work properly, but we don't have a license manager to upgrade - so we are stuck using the older verison.
Any other ideas to try? We are considering just placing an extra phone on his desk and calling it done :) It would be better for him to have the mobility of the softphone, however.

have you downloaded 3.3 just for testing? Good for 30 days w/o lic mgr..

Mato' Was'aka

BAH! I have read that in other posts! Why did I not consider to 'free trial' 3.3v? Good post bigindian

I have our guy testing to see if it will stay working for him (without registering to multiple IPs). When it fails I will try this 3.3 softphone test. Thanks!

ok here something i have found...

On a fresh never before used PC with a fresh install of the 2050 you must go into the settings of the softphone and click on the Restore Defaults button under Hardware ID BEFORE ENTERING THE NODE ID AND TN.
It seems that the Hardware id registry key does not update properly with a fresh install of the softphone.
The hardware id must be refreshed BEFORE entering the Node and TN. This will update the registry key and the phone will register

I must have had about 20 PCs spit out a duplicate hwid error message before I found this problem. Since I’ve been doing this I haven’t gotten a duplicate message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back