Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000IVS Link Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waklogs

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2006
US
I have two 2000IVS units at the same site linked with CCIS.
The remote users access trunks on the main unit over the CCIS link by dialing a single digit then a 6 digit account code and then a 2 digit trunk access. The problem I am having is the SMDR on the remote unit output is multiple for each call. There are 3 records for each call. The system seems to treat the access to the CCIS as a call and spits out a 0 minute record as soon as the call accesses the ISDN line in the main unit.
I have been through the CCIS manual and still have not found what I am doing wrong.
Does anybody have any CCIS experience that could help?
Thanks a lot.

No CCIS experience but I think that is a strange arrangement to be using this for. Why are you using an access code for the CCIS? does the remote system have it"s own trunks? if not why are you not using account coding on the remote system then sending it to LCR and letting that do the rest?

Hi OzzieGeorge, Sorry to be so long in responding... We are not actually using an access code for the CCIS. The account coding is programmed in the remote system and then being sent to LCR to go over the CCIS to hit the trunks. The remote system has no trunks, all the trunks (ISDN) are in the main system.
I am trying to get enough data and understand it before I leap in and make changes which could make the situation worse.

OK, found the problem. It was in the LCR area. Once the routings were corrected the SMDR worked properly. One other thing I am trying to resolve is the remote site is sending all the calls to an extension in the Central PBX to the SMDR. I really just need the tandem trunk calls where the remote system is accessing ISDN trunks on the Central system. I figure there should be a cmd that handles this.
Any clues?

You can change command 3514 for your CCIS route and turn off SMDR, that way you will only get a SMDR packet when the call leaves on the PRI and not when it travels over the CCIS trunks.

Thanks Smoom, I tried this, programmed 3514 into the remote and it shut down all of the remote system SMDR records.
I am using trunk 30 as the CCIS trunk and all my SMDR records both for the switch to switch extension calls and the PRI calls send trunk 30 to the SMDR record. I don't get the central system PRI trunk numbers on my remote SMDR record which may be where the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back