Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

200 ICP MX - No Audio Without Hold on 5340

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossiv

Technical User
Mar 7, 2009
US
I'm running a 200 ICP MX at a hotel which until now has been all digital and analog sets. I introduced the first IP set (5340) to the system a few weeks ago and have run into a strange issue. The phone worked fine at first - audio was perfect both ways, it rang when it should, MWI worked, everything was perfect. About a week ago when no other changes had been made, the phone now won't pass audio unless you put the call on hold first. The person on the IP set can't hear the caller and the caller can't hear the person at the IP set. Once you place and return hold, audio is perfect for the rest of the call.

So far, I can confirm that the behavior exists on inbound calls from outside direct to the set. Outside being a PRI from TWC. I don't recall if it affects internal calls, or outbound to outside but I'll double check that in the morning.

The phone is on the same network as the ICP, nothing too special here so it isn't a NAT or firewall problem. DHCP is not being handled by the ICP but the firewall/router that manages the rest of the network.

Any suggestions? Happy to provide any additional information necessary.

I messed with the phone some today and can confirm the following behavior:

Inbound calls from outside via PRI to the IP set: No audio either way until hold/de-hold
Outbound calls from IP set via PRI: Perfect audio both ways
IP set to IP set: Perfect audio both ways
IP set to Digital Set: No audio either way until hold/de-hold
Digital set to IP Set: No audio either way until hold/de-hold

Any thoughts? This is really puzzling to me. From my research, this appears to be a TDM to IP issue but I didn't find anything definitive on how to fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back