Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 SCN systems same public static IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello everyone,
I have one 9.1.12 embedded voicemail system installed & working. Now going to SCN a second system in the same town. Their smaller Internet/Line provider is using the same public static IP for both locations. I found this out via the IT guy that is doing all their networking.
My issue is, being able to do Manager remote programming, using System Status, & Monitor. This site is 1.5 hours away from me.
The IT guy opened the normal ports for remote access, just to my office's static IP, to the site that is already installed & I can get in everything fine.
The second/new location, he says instead of the 50xxx ports, he made 60xxx NAT'd to the 50xxx ports.
So do I need to change in Security Settings, the Service Base TCP Port from 50804 to 60804? When I click on the help tab on that, it says I will need to edit my TCP Port setting in the Manager also via File/Preferences. Would that be true?
System Status looks simple to change. What's the best thing for the Monitor program?
The last thing the IT guy told me (before he left the state on vacation) was "you will be fine leaving the ports on the system itself. When you connect remotely, that is when in your software you will need to change it."
I think what he said is what is confusing me, on what I need to do.
Appreciate any help, thanks

That seems impossible to have the same Public Static IP on two locations. The ISP would not do that. The IT guy must not know what he is talking about.

Thanks knuty,
That's what I thought too, but supposedly it's all set up that way & working. I don't have the new phone system on the network yet, but like I said this is a smaller ISP & that is how they did it.

Centralised firewall giving a single public IP for multiple sites, we have this with at least one customer who have an MPLS and a single Public IP for normal usage.

As you cannot change the port in manager or monitor (that I can see) the only thing you could feasibly use 60xxx ports for would be System Status. I would therefore consider using Web Manager to manage the second system changes from. This way you can get them to NAT ports 7070 and 8443 to the second system and access it that way?

| ACSS SME |

Thanks Pepp,

I have never used the Web Manager before, but got in our system & looked it over. Seems I can do most of everything the Manager program does, except I don't see where I can do any programming for the lines. Might need it since using a SCN.

Thanks again

My issue is, being able to do Manager remote programming, using System Status, & Monitor. This site is 1.5 hours away from me.
The IT guy opened the normal ports for remote access, just to my office's static IP, to the site that is already installed & I can get in everything fine.

for <insert deity o choice> please do your self a favour & cease this practice limitedly, you are exposing your systems to hacking & potential fraud.
[/color]
Also embedded VM Is not supported on SN you MUST upgrade to a centralised VM Pro for correct operation

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back