Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Calls from 1 SIP account strange problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanEOD

Programmer
Jan 11, 2008
US
Greetings all, I'm having a strange problem that is baffling me. I have a 3rd Party SIP account, if I call outbound to a number, let it ring on the distant end and try calling again to a different number (or the same, doesn't matter) the second call gets a 503 Service Unavailable back. Now, if that first call was ANSWERED before I try the second call, the second one works fine. Also, I have tested this on 4 different IPO switches, it works fine on 2 and has the same problem on 2 others. So, I think there is a setting but for the life I me I can't find it. Any suggestions? I've checked the extension and the user and stared and compared settings and everything seems the same on the different IPO switches.

In doing a trace, here is the error from the IPO:

16:58:05 1631205216mS SIP Tx: UDP 10.50.1.35:5060 -> 10.50.4.89:5060
SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.50.4.89:5060;branch=z9hG4bK3c9092b6509c6118;rport
Call-ID: d8ad371eccb11754-49411409
CSeq: 9933 INVITE
Allow: INVITE,ACK,CANCEL,OPTIONS,BYE,INFO,REFER,NOTIFY,SUBSCRIBE,REGISTER,PUBLISH,UPDATE
Supported: timer,100rel
Server: IP Office 9.1.7.0 build 163
Reason: Q.850;cause=47;text="Resource unavailable, unspecified"
To: <sip:XXXXXXXXXXX@XX.XX.X.XX>;tag=5fd4c3a0c6065e38
Content-Length: 0

Any thoughts?

Check out my professional profile and connect with me on LinkedIn.

That's the way it should work, the second call works once the first is answered as it could then be initiating a transfer, you can't transfer an alerting call, even on IP/digital sets.

SIP endpoints work like analogue devices on IPO (not multiline) so treat them as such :)

I have two IPO switches that DON'T work that way, so it makes me think there is a setting for one way or the other. These are 3rd Party SIP endpoints, just to clarify. I have a lab system that I can call out from the same line twice without the distant end answering either call and it is treated as two separate calls.

Oddly, the Call waiting setting of the user effects what SIP endpoints can do, try messing with that, and the Re-invite setting on the extn part....

I thought those settings might play in as well . . I've tested it with them on and off and every combination, and on my working lab system I can't break it. On the Non-working system changing them can't get it working. :(

That's the issue with SIP endpoints, different results every time.
Some devices can transfer some can't, some can supervised transfer, some only blind transfer, it's always a game of suck it and see :)

Yeah, I was afraid of that. This is for a ACD integration, and I'm trying to figure out the difference for the customer. :(

Do a monitor trace when it works and when it doesn't and compare.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

@Janni78 - I have traces from both and just can't seem to figure out the problem spot myself. Any suggestions on the best places to look or what to look for?

Just default all and start from scratch, maybe you missed something when programming the user/extension/phone.
One other thing to keep in mind that with each major release AVAYA tends to change/add features slightly which are poorly documented(if at all).
So it may work on 9.0 but it may fail on 9.0 and work on 10.0 again.

If you do a default trace it should say why it can't dial out.

Don't know exactly what you 3rd party application does but if it's doing several outgoing calls maybe it should use a SIP trunk instead, or several SIP users.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back