Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2.1.35, analoque phones stop ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dencom

Technical User
Feb 16, 2004
NL
After upgrading to 2.1.35 we experience that analogue phones suddenly stop ringing. PhoneManager pops up, but even if you take the phone off-hook, you don't get a connection. Reboot works fine.

403ds pri
pots30

Anyone same problem or solution? 3.0.44 is no solution. 2.1.35 has the new feature which allows you to transfer an outbound call to another outbound call, which they use very often (and 3.0.44 has't got this!)

Update. We were using FSKA signalling for cli (Avaya 9335 phones). When you diable CLI, phone starts ringing again.
Seems to be a problem in the pots firmware.

Arnoud

Yes we had the same thing, downgraded the pots modules to 4.1(18) seems to have fixed it.

Have you guys heard when(if) there will be a fix for the recall issue on the 9335's?

Many thanks

Adam

I noticed the same issue too when I did some testing on 2.1.35, I did downgrade again to 2.1.27, because (a) the RECALL issue isn't fixed (we use the Interquartz CLI phones (which the Avaya 9335 is a rebadge)) and (b) the same random issues with the POTS stopping ringing (also using FSKA CLI).

Alan

Hi Guys

I know that Avaya are aware of this problem as it is mentioned in the Tech Bulletin 41 (for Release 2.1(35). Under the section Known issues it says:

"It has been noted that with certain analogue terminals used in some locales,
enabling CLI upon these terminals may cause the terminal to ring once only
per call. The call may still be answered as normal. Disabling CLI on these
terminals will allow normal ringing operation. Downgrading the analogue
module to 4.1(27) or earlier will also allow CLI to be displayed correctly. A fix
for this issue will be included in the next maintenance release."

James

My phones don't ring at all....And it's random. Some phone work perfectly. Some stop ringing after a day or so..

I spoke to Avaya last friday. Beside a software issue in the post module, their is an issue as well with the interquarz phones...It is not known yet how this will be resolved.

Arnoud

Same problem, reboot fixed it, don't know for how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back