Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1XP issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

exoset09

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2013
CA
Hi guys,

I am asking for your help and knowledge about a problem on One-X Portal. For context I have touch an IPO for the first time one week ago, and I have read all subjects possible on the web.
Here is (I hope) a clear view of what happens : (Please forgive my english I just learn it at school :x)

What I have : IP Office 500V2 8.1(43)
An active SIP Trunk (All phones are going through it) no PRI etc
Different phones (9621G & 9641G)
Application Server Web Control v8.1.21-5 (Linux CentOS Avaya Package on a VMWARE ESXi)

Licences : Essential, R8+ Preferred Edition, Advanced Edition, SIP Trunk Channels, Mobile Worker, IP EndPoint

What is working : Phones are working well through the SIP Trunk
I can access to the App Server Linux through my web browser ( I can access to One-X Portal and log Admin through web browser ( I can access to the Manager etc for the IPO

What is not working : I can't log into One-X Portal with users through web (same PC) or One-X Mobile Preferred for IPO (Iphone) inside my wifi network.
Error message is : A license could not be assigned to you. Please contact your administrator. Mobile users is selected and on-x Portal activation is checked.

I just need it to work inside my LAN so Firewall and DNS should not be a problem.

Any ideas ? :(

Thanks ;).

do you have the necessary licensees for the user installed?

desk based staff need the office worker license
for Iphone usage you need teleworker or power user.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Yeah I have Power User Licence I haven't put them all but my licences are : Advanced Edition, IP Endpoints, Customer Service Agent, Customer service Supervisor, Essential Edition, IPSec Tunneling, Mobile Worker, Power User, R8+ Preffered Edition (VM PRO), Receptionnist, SIP Trunks Channels.

thx

What is not working : I can't log into One-X Portal with users through web (same PC) or One-X Mobile Preferred for IPO (Iphone) inside my wifi network.
Error message is : A license could not be assigned to you. Please contact your administrator. Mobile users is selected and on-x Portal activation is checked.
This is wrong.
Mobile users cannot use one-x portal.
When you check the option one-x portal then you must have given the user a office worker, teleworker or power user license.
The option one-x portal works only with these licenses.
So assigning a mobile worker license does not work.
Try a power user license save and wait for 5 minutes and try again.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi TlPeter,

I will try it, just to know, in which case we must select mobile users if it is not with One-X Mobile Preferred for IPO Iphone Application ?

Thanks a lot.

Hey guys,

me again :x, I have deleted and installed all my environnement once again (same as describe initially)I am able to log with my PC on One-X Portal, works fine, but with Iphone :

OpenApiRestServlet - com.avaya.server.openapi.OpenApiRestServlet.processRestRequest Exception=com.avaya.server.openapi.exception.OpenApiRestServiceUnavailableException

I have disable data cellular on the phone and I am am in the same subnet than IPO and 1XP server through wifi.

Any ideas ?

thanks

Do you have a FQDN configured on the One-X server and resolvable from the DNS server?
iPhones do need the FQDN and do not work with IP addresses.

BAZINGA!

Yes i have both, I have tried with FQDN, IP Address, with port, without port :(

Which license did you assign to this user?
Did you gave it a password in the IPO?
did you configure the mobile number in One-X Portal?

BAZINGA!

I use a Power License, i have put a 4 digit password and the mobile number is configured on 1XP.

one-X Portal 2013-10-11 08:54:28,703 ERROR LogicalDeviceFeaturesImpl - Exception java.lang.NullPointerException null
one-X Portal 2013-10-11 08:54:28,703 ERROR LogicalDeviceFeaturesImpl - com.avaya.inkaba.csta.LogicalDeviceFeaturesImpl.cstaGetForwarding exception java.lang.NullPointerException
one-X Portal 2013-10-11 08:54:28,703 ERROR ResourceImpl - com.avaya.inkaba.wstransfer.ResourceImpl returning NegResponse
one-X Portal 2013-10-11 08:54:28,704 ERROR DeviceServiceServlet - com.avaya.server.devicecontrol.DeviceServiceServlet.getForwarding-csta Exception=com.avaya.common.csta.NegResponse: cstaGetForwarding failed.
one-X Portal 2013-10-11 08:54:48,683 ERROR OpenApiEventHandler - Cannot send event com.avaya.common.csta.MonitorStop@2c0530 to monitor ffd4653b-b39f-470e-b74a-111816cff4d4 : device is null

These errors say nothing to me.
You need to be more specific.
But i think you better can get anybody hired that know how it should work and see what is actually happening.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back