Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

16xx stations discovering on S8730 duplicated system

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoester

Technical User
Nov 20, 2005
NL
Hello all,

Could someone tell if it is normal that 16xx stations are going to discover when i shutdown the active server?
It take 2 minutes to register on the other server.
The stations are connected through Clans and not through PE.
This is a 2 portnetwork config on seperate locations.

Thx

is the PE in the same region as the CLANs? you sure they are registerd to the CLANs? do a list reg and make sure. is the control network deicated or shared with customer network. there is a setting the 46xxsettings file for gratitous ARP for PE but this might not apply to you.

No, it's not normal. Is the port network staying up?
Also, on the proc eth is h.323 registration enabled?

The control network is shared with the customer network.
I have set the h323 registration to N because i want the phone to register on the clans.
The PE is in the same network-region as the clans.
Yes the portnetworks are both up.
I think it has something to do with the sockets of the 1608/1616 phones.

i read somewhere that if the control network and cust network are shared that there could be problems with interchanges. i know its supported on CLAN's and not PE for interchanges but thats not to say it doesnt work with specific codes???? all firmwares up to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back