Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1616i Setup Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxse

Technical User
Dec 2, 2011
US
I am trying to connect a brand new 1616i IP Phone to an IPO 500v2 8.1, I press * when prompted to program the interface. Its asking for a procpswd, I have tried craft, 9999, 1234. admin? Any idea what I need to do?

did that work for you maxse?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

Yes, it ended up being blank so I am guessing it was loaded with an older fw

good to know.

I think I give bas a star for posting the new info about the change of the password.

And a big anti-star for Avaya to change sh!t again without any info or just hidden info

Joe W.

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

This kind of stuff should be mentioned in the tech bulletins but they just don't.
I am not going to search for all kind of new docs on the support site :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Yesterday I did send Avaya an email and referred to that doc, that this had to be in TB155 this crap takes a lot of time for some to find out.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

They probably did not respond or did they?

BAZINGA!

No not yet....

Avaya_Red.gif

The told me that if they publish then I am responsible to find the information.
Even if it is not in a normal IPO TB then we are subject to being billed if we open a case where the solution is contained in any published doc.

That brings up some issues for me since it appears that we are being led down the road where we are responsible to read and digest every word of every doc published. I did get out of one billing in this new billing model since I proved that a person could not type in a reasonable question at support.avaya.com and have the search engine spit out the doc. In this case you had to type in the exact phrase for the doc to appear.

I got an email back and they have forwarded my mail to the guys that create the TB's. on page to they refer to the TB's for ipo so they're wrong.

Avaya IP Office (IPO)
6.0 or later and IP500 V2 hardware only
Customers are requested to consult the IP Office Technical Bulletin(s) or Release Notes for compatibility with specific IP Office releases

Avaya_Red.gif

So, that is were those release notes are for, if you have automatic notifiction on for the TNs in your mail then you get bombed with mostly useless info about any product Avaya has, you cannot filter it.
But if you go to the support docs for the particular product then you can select all TNs of that specific product.
So if you notice in a new manager release there is a change of firmware like IP DECT R4(which is updated but not in manager yet ) then go to support and select IP DECT to read all about the newest software and download it.
This is the way it worked for CM for several years and now for IPO also.
I see no problem to take action to look for the latest news myself.
Actually it is part of the job of the distri to inform the resellers about hardware/software changes (hint for Bas1234[thumbsup2]), I have done that for years on IP Office in a monthly technical update as the technical consultant for a distri.
maybe the distris here can bundle forces and post a monthly uodate here or in the members only forum.
I am really glad that is not my job anymore....

A simple mind delivers great solutions

I read most of that stuff until about 1.5 years ago then it became more crap to read than good info and gave up.
I now mostly delete the emails unseen as they also come late and tell you 3 weeks later that there is a new maint release on the site.

Joe W.

That is why I am glad to left that job...
And when I did have that job I chanced my policy to check once a week for updates on IP Office related products ( IP Phones, IP DECT etc. )
it is less time consuming I can tell you that.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Bas1234, you have time enough for doing that :)
I checked every day when it was getting time for a new release.
When not then indeed somewhere around every week or so.
But i still think they just should mention it.
Then you at least know about it.

BAZINGA!

Are most of you buying direct or through a VAR? I am currently buying through a VAR and they typically will keep me updated on new releases and such. I can't get full access into the Avaya support panel.

We buy from a direct supplier of Avaya but have access to direct Avaya support. What is a VAR?
If you have ACSS certification then you can open your own tickets etc.

Joe W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back