Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1616I Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkyb

Technical User
Sep 10, 2010
GB
Hi Having Issues with a 1616I on an Avaya IPOffice 500 v4.2(23) phone comes up and you put the settings in and logthe phone in, after it comes up the phone reboots after 10 seconds, I have tried every version of firmware on the Avaya website and it still does it. I also have a 1608 and it works with every firmware that the 1616I fails.

Cheers
Mike

You need to be on 5.0.22 at least.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi

Thanks, I found an Avaya Document advertising the fact that this would work on version 4.2

Mike

Not these phones.
The 1600 serie phones are introduced with 4.2 but the 1600L (localized) are a new type.
The start working from 5.0.22 and up.
You can do a free upgrade to 5.0.26
every thing higher is licensed.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

you are half right, but the rest of it says

This phone is supported with IP Office 4.2 and higher. Support for the I variant was added in IP Office Release 6.0 and in 5.0 maintenance releases.

ACSS - SME

Cheers

Managed t speak to a Presales Engineer in the US, have upgraded to 5.0.26 and guess what... it only bloomin worked!!

Thanks for all your help... till next time

Mike
Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back