Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1608 Message button not working after Upgrade to 8.1 (69) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanRichIcom

Vendor
Oct 9, 2012
GB
Morning All.

I have 11 sites that I have just upgraded to 8.1 69 from 6.1 22 and since the Upgrade the message button on 1608 Handsets does not work- or works very strangely. When you press the message key it show the Mailboxes (Some users have personal as well as Huntgroup Mailboxes) and allows them to access some mailboxes but not others and not always the same mailboxes. Some users can access personal but not all the HuntGroups and other users can access HuntGroup but not personal.

The only way i have managed to resolve this is to delete the Mailbox for the user and restart voicemail so a new MBox is created- but i cannot do this for all 11 sites and over 350 users. In addition to this any voicemails in the mailboxes are lost- unless they listen to them via DDI to Voicemail but this will cause congestion.

Had anyone come across this or hae a way of solving this without deletions?

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards

Ian

Ian@Icom

Why didnt you upgrade to 8.1.69 instead of the lates maint release?

I have not seen this issue before, it sugests the upgrade has not been completed correctly.

Does iach site have its own VM Pro or is it a centralised VM Pro server?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Hi IP Guru,

It is more cost effective to go to 8.1 and then get IPOSS which gives upgrade to 9.03 than straight to 9.03- and i am always nervous of upgrading to the latest release because of the bugs.LOL

Voicemail is centralised VMPro- 1608 Handsets were on firmware 1.330d but i upgraded them to 1.34d when this problem arose thinking it was a firmware issue.

Regards

Ian

Ian@Icom

As an update- *17 works fine but defeats the object of visual voice. so its the Visual Voice side of things that aren't working.

Any help really welcome.

Ian

Ian@Icom

I actualy ment the lates Main release of 8.1 which is V8.1.81 iirc.

I havent seen visual voice issues before so i would try the latest V8.1 before escalating.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Ian, you did upgrade the VM Pro too, right?
If not, there is your answer.

Newest software:
IPO R8.1.85
VMPro R8.1(9602)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I'm pretty sure this solves you issue:)

Make sure you have a proper backup of the VMPro before you upgrade.
If you have to do this remote, DON'T use RDP as this will f*** up the database.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I'm never wrong....ha ha[tongue]

Thanks for the star, I needed that[smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor