Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140 vs 3904 personal directory on incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trason806

Technical User
Sep 18, 2009
US
I have a CS1000 on 7.6
on a 3904 i have an entry in the personal directory that is labeled "My Cell"
it is setup just like we dial: 9420xxxx ( 9 for outside - no area code)
when i dial into my system the call id on my 3904 says:
My Cell
806420xxxx

that is great and that is what i want it to do.

however on the 1140 the same setup does not display the name stored in the personal directory on an incoming call.
The preferred name match setting is "ON" is there something i am missing?

how can the 3904 display the name when the stored number and the incoming number do not match? the incoming has an area code but the one stored in the personal call directory does not

I believe the 3904 had an option where you could specify the local area code, and the phone would use that information to match incoming local calls that included the area code.

On the 1140 (depending on your version of firmware), go to Services -> Telephone Options -> Call Log Options -> Area Code Setup, and enter your local area code.

See if that helps.

I see the Area Code Set-up on the 3904. All three are blank.
On the 1140 I have set the Area Code to 806. Now the display says 420xxx(806) but it still does not display the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back