Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1120 phone off site 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmers

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2007
US
Quick question.

We have an 1220 IP phone at another site that we want working remotely. The main site has a BCM50.
In the phone settings is it just a matter of putting our external IP address of the BCM site in the S1 field, the port we wish to use, then port forward all traffic on that port to the BCM? Thanks!

Not that easy. There are different ports used for signalling to/from the BCM and voice to/from the BCM (for analog/digital/trunk) and voice to/from other IP Phones. You would need to open all of those ports up.

You'll need the following ports open:
28000-28511
51000-51063
and you may need 5989

Thanks guys! Very good posts!

Alright well I forwarded all those ports on my router and the phone registers, but I have no voice. Not even dial tone. I can call site to site, but no voice.

This is just going over the internet, no VPN. I even put the BCM in a DMZ but still no luck. Any idea? I know a VPN is best pratice, but I've read it should still work without.

The router at the other site probably has a NAT. Try putting the IP Phone in it's DMZ or opening up the same ports as on the BCM side.

I put the phone at the other end in a DMZ and tried forwarding all the same ports, but still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back