Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11.1 Hyper-V Issues Still....

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu1979

Programmer
Sep 7, 2011
US
I have a new install coming up and plan to do a hyper-v install and would like to use the latest version but I'm still having issues with it. I've installed a couple of 11.0 hyper-v solutions and currently have one running in a test lab with no issues, however I am unable to get 11.1 running successfully in the test lab. I build the VM, attach the disk, ignite and configure it as normal with no issues. When I try to call VM or allow an extension to be answered by voicemail I get a fast busy and SSA states all my VM ports are in use. When I login to the VM Pro client, the client sees the 500V2 but no users or hunt groups show up. With all of the Avaya software issues is this still their issue or am I doing something wrong with only the 11.1? Has anyone else been successful with the 11.1 app server and a 500v2?

I'm not well informed about it, but in another post I just read some people suggest that 11.1 is problematic.

"We are completely avoiding R11.1 at this point it is just to volatile to be useful imo."
"any 11.1 releases beyond August 2020 have not been good and we are staying away too."

And maybe it has problems in Hyper-V, this statement is not very clear.

"I think it might just be that Microsoft has retaliated against Avaya for not supporting Windows in R11.1 any more on VM and Hyper-V is also not there (or is it now again)"

Edit: one of the users there suggests 11.1.0.95 or prior

I know a number of people have been waiting for R11.1 update that will work with Hyper-V. Since R11.1 has been a unmitigated disaster I would be more shocked if the Hyper-V worked. Avaya has shown time and time again with R11.1 they do not properly test their own software they leave us to do it.

My advice is just stick with R11.0.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

I agree with critchey I have multiple servers running on 11.0.4.x on Hyper-V and the latest R11.1 came out yesterday and it is a re-release of their botched prior attempt to make it work on Hyper-V
I installed the first one on my test server and it was a disaster.
I will take this one and install it probably on the weekend and see if it runs this time but maybe they pull it by then again, LOL

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back