Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

zpdf printer in sap 4.6c

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmiturbe

Technical User
Feb 4, 2003
ES
Hello,

I'm a beginner with Sap so I hope to explain my problem(s) properly:

We have a SAP 4.6c system running over Solaris 8 and an ITS server over a Windows2000 machine. There is a zpdf1 printer defined on the system.

The main problemis that we need more edition modes than available on this kind of device (we need X_65x200 and X_65_210). Can anybody tell me hoy to add those resolutions? I think that I'll have to add other resolutions on the locl printer too. Is the process the same?

My second problem is that some transactions are not printable with zpdf1 but they are with other kind of printers. Can anybody tell me why? Where is this defined? Is there any way to change this "availability"? How is done?

Thanks in advance,

jmiturbe

In SPAD you can create the page formats and then add them to the device type. Under the device type and page format combo you may need to add printer control commands (printer control strings) to set CPI spacing. I assume zpdf1 is a device type and not a printer id.

If a compatible page format, like x_65_200, is not defined under the device type then you may not be able to print outputs of a certain size. This usually happens with ABAP lists and not SAPScripts (which are usually letter or A4).
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back