Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zos/390 REXX error RC(-3) " Call rexx with JCL" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgfx

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
I do not understand why this error message comes. Who can help me?

Regards

FI_OUT = 'D104964.PRIV.AVOR(TEST)'
"D104964.PRIV.AVOR(TEST)"
"ALLOC FI(ISPFILE) da('"FI_out"') SHR OUTPUT"
"ALLOC FI(ISPFILE) da('D104964.PRIV.AVOR(TEST)') SHR OUTPUT"
IF rc ^= 0
"0"
ADDRESS ISPEXEC "FTOPEN"
"FTOPEN"
RC(-3) +++
ADDRESS ISPEXEC "FTINCL DBACCALL"

"FTINCL BACCALL"
RC(-3) +++

ADDRESS ISPEXEC "FTCLOSE LIBRARY(ISPFILE)"
"FTCLOSE LIBRARY(ISPFILE)"
RC(-3) +++
END

Hi

What are you trying to do? Include DBACCALL from 'D104964.PRIV.AVOR'? If so you don't need the member name of TEST in the alloc for ISPFILE

try:

"ALLOC FI(ISPFILE) da('D104964.PRIV.AVOR') SHR REUS"
ADDRESS ISPEXEC "FTOPEN"
ADDRESS ISPEXEC "FTINCL DBACCALL"
ADDRESS ISPEXEC "FTCLOSE"

hold on a minute....I have just read the title of the thread....are you trying to run this exec in a batch job? If so, I don't think you will ever get the ISPEXEC services to work...these HAVE to be invoked under ISPF

Tanks for your reply, y can with EXECIO working.
It is not also simple, but I arrive there.

ISPF services can be invoked from batch jobs, but it takes some doing.

For one thing, all the right DDNames have to be available: ISPLLIB, ISPPLIB, ISPSLIB, etc., and the main routine has to be invoked via ISPSTART.

It goes without saying, too, that it better be able to run to completion without promtping a user for input.

ISPF services can be invoked from batch jobs, but it takes some doing.

For one thing, all the right DDNames have to be available: ISPLLIB, ISPPLIB, ISPSLIB, etc., and the main routine has to be invoked via ISPSTART or you'll get (-3) for every ISPEXEC- or ISREDIT-mode command.

It goes without saying, too, that it better be able to run to completion without prompting a user for input.

This thread is really very useful to me. I am facing the similar problem live. I need to run an rexx routine which would in turn call an ISREDIT macro that opens the members of a given pds in view mode and runs few macros. I need to execute the whole process in batch. Hence I would request the fellow members to give me the JCL format to include ISPLLIB etc..

Best Regards.

The best method is to replicate what's done in a LOGON proc. You will probably find those in SYS1.PROCLIB. Search for IKJEFT01.

Frank Clarke
Tampa Area REXX Programmers' Alliance
REXX Language Assn Listmaster

If you can't find what you need in a library, you could look at your own session the LISTALC command with the STATUS option will give you the DDNAMES and the allocated datasets. The ISRFIND also will do the job in a more friendly way. Alternatively you could use SDSF or an equivalent to look at your active session. If using SDSF you may need the INPUT ON command.

It can be done but it's a grand old mess doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back