Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

zoom problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlayerRo

Programmer
Jan 9, 2006
RO
hi.. can someone help me with a script problem?
where's what i need to figure out ( :p ) with our help...
i my progect i have a picture galary and i need a script or something for a controlded zoom on one picture. let's say the picture has ( in full version ) 1024*768 (the project is for 800*600) and on mouse click on thumb a part of that picture is diplayed.. and in that sprite i have some navigation tools to move throug the picture...i know it can be done but just dont know how :(
Ohh...and another problem ( :D ), i know how to make a thumb enlarge on mouse enter, but can the thumb have 30% transperancy and on mouse enter it changes to 100% ?
THX for taking you time to read this and any ideea is welcome.. this is my first project in director so i'm a noob in using it. :p Thx again

I didn't understand very well your first problem but for the second one, just attach the following behaviour to the sprite:

[tt]-- Sprite Behaviour
on beginSprite me
sprite(me.spriteNum).blend = 30
end beginSprite

on mouseEnter me
sprite(me.spriteNum).blend = 100
end mouseEnter

on mouseLeave me
sprite(me.spriteNum).blend = 30
end mouseLeave
--[/tt]

Kenneth Kawamoto

First of all, thx for second problem solution... Now in my first problem i'm talking about a zoom with some sort of control ( from the user ) on a picture.. let's say i have a big picture, like ... 2000*1000, but the director project is 800*600..ok... in a foto galery i have a thumb nail of the large picture.. on mouse click on thumb nail i'm telling director to go on a sprite where the bigger picture is not displayed in full, it's on a detail level of the picture( let's say 50% of it , and i have some sort of control with the mouse do make a navigation through the rest of it , and i let the user move to whatever part he wants, to see more details of that picture). i need to know how can i make some sort of navigation ( in - out ) of that picture ( something like internet explorer with pictures opened in a new window, at the bottom of that picure there's a buton for zoom ) ... i dont know how to explain this any other way ... THX AGAIN KENNETH

and another question ( :p ) regarding transperancy.... how can i apply that code ( the one above ) to another button and have the same efect on the thumb nail.. i did something like this :
in a text area i've hidden a button with this behavior :

on mouseEnter
go to frame 215
end mouseEnter
on mouseLeave
go to frame 200
end mouseLeave

so i have 2 frames "215 and 200"... on frame 200 the thumb nail has 30% transperancy and at 215 it has 100% .. what i need to know is a shorter way to do this, coz i have like 300 pictures that will have a behavior like this one. THX

If you mean you want to change the blend of a sprite other than itself on rollover, just do:

-- Sprite Behaviour
on beginSprite me
sprite(1).blend = 30
end beginSprite

on mouseEnter me
sprite(1).blend = 100
end mouseEnter

on mouseLeave me
sprite(1).blend = 30
end mouseLeave
--

In this example sprite(1) is the one you want to change the blend.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back