Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zoning on Brocade switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calz

Technical User
Nov 14, 2001
FR
I have an EMC brocade 16 port 4gb fibre switch marked as DS-200B...

The switch is used for connecivity of our backups, 2 NetApp nas, 1 backup server, ADIC library with 4 x LTO3 drives.

I need to configure the 'zoning' on the switch so the NAS can see more than just the 2 drives it does now, when we originally installed the switch it came with some software on a CD that via a GUI allowed this to be done. Directly connecting to the web page of the switch management interface doesn't look like this.

Where I can get the software from?

Most of those switches run of the same algorithms and principles, I believe if you start a browser and put in the IP address of the Switch in question, this will launch a built in web application with will prompt you for a username and password, then bring you to configuration panel, which will present among other things a diagnosis applet and the zoning admin panel and fabric assist

Alternatively, you could use the telnet or the putty application, free downloadable from the internet. Once you are attached to the switch, you can use the following commands:- switchshow, fabricShow, Alicreate, Zoneshow, Zoneadd, cfgshow, cfgadd, cfgenable, cfgsave,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back