Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zone Based Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneb

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2004
GB
Hi Guys,

can someone pick me example programming for zone based dialing?
We have added an additional PRI with a different DDI range for a floor that will be rented out. All of the phones on the rental floor are IP so I thought I could create a different zone and manipulate the digits but I can't make sense of the NTP's.

Thanks

best bet would be to use tenant service... allow tennant to trunk group. tennants can have their own routes or share. you can allow or deny ten to ten internal dialing.. build clid tables for each tenant.. each tenant can define a dial zero

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

an example would be add a ld route..allow ten 2 access, then add an entry to the working rlb for ld.. so when ten 1 dials ld, he hits the working routes, when ten 2 dials the same number, his call will step over all entries until it hits the rdb that is allowed for his ten..

i've done this with 12 tenants and 12 outbound routes.. very easy way to add rental space.. you can go multi customer IF you do not need ext to ext and you want to add new ld 90,86,87, etc

everything has to be duplicated except ld 97 and 17

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John,

thanks for the reply, unfortunately I need ext to ext dialing, sorry I wasn't clear on that, we're renting the floor to a different dept (don't ask why) so they will need to access all the other exts on the system.

you can allow ten to ten dialing... once that is allowed you have ten to trunk group which would let you control which ten gets which route, even when they dial the same ext numbers

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

what system you have? You have zones in place now?

Mato' Was'aka

Why dont you use different xlst for those ip phones and translate for example digit 9 or 0 (what ever you use fo dialing out) to the acod of the new pri rout ?

Loop is correct. Using XLST is so simple and the client will never know your only using Speed Call to make it happen. Just keep your extensions numbers open. We have a couple of malls using XLST, and it works great.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

If you are not using AC2 for anything at the moment you can set the ZDP (Zone dial plan) to do AC1 to AC2 conversion then use SPNs in AC2 to route for that Zone.

or if AC2 is in use then just open the Zone dial plan in element manager add some prefix digits against DC1. You can drop it in AC1 or AC2 recognise the prefix send to the relevant trunk and strip the prefix.

Hi Jhon,

I tried tenant to route access using AC1.
Entry 0 Rout X in RLI is allowed on tenant 1.
Entry 1 Rout Y in RLI is allowed on tenant 2.

If a station tenant 2 dials AC1 then access the RLI, it will get connected to Entry 0 (access tenant 1) and it gets release and try again without jumping to Entry 1.

You said above that this can be done. Any special config ??

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back