Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zone Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCITS

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
GB
Zone Alarm blocks access to all web pages under Windows 2000 professional.
Is anyone experiencing similar problems?
Any known fixes?

Thanks

I have had no problems with the latest version (or most any version) of Zone Alarm on W2K. Be sure you have Internet Explorer checked in the programs section of ZA otherwise it will be blocked.

If you shutdown ZA and still cant bring up a web page, you have a different problem.

Zone Alarm has some settings in the Privacy section, cookie control and add (pop-up)blocking. Higher settings here can block some Web sites. Some commercially sponsored Sites will prevent access if you block cookies or pop-ups with a firewall.

When it start up there a service it mentions (cant remember what it's called off hand - but it's something like windows something and something service) - this must be allowed to pass through.

Bit vague I know, but I stopped using ZoneAlarm a long time ago. If you are still stuck, there is a ZoneAlarm forum on tek-tips too.
<< JOC >>

I think Jacosta is thinking of, &quot;Generic Host Process for Win32 Services&quot;
Dont ZA inform about the important use of it.. or was it Symantec...hmm

Strator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back