Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zone Alarm Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanGlinka

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2002
US
I installed Zone Alarm in a computer that I'm using to share an internet connection with other computers, but when I have Internet security set to "high," I can't access the internet from any computer except the main server computer. I have to drop internet security to medium to get it to work.. i actually got that fix from zone alarm's website itself.

Anyone know any way to get ICS to work while preserving zone alarm's high internet security setting?

Thanks
Ian

Don't know about regular Zone Alarm, but Zone Alarm Pro version 3 (the one you pay for) has a section to set up ICS access in it. Otherwise, try adding the IP addresses of the other computers as trusted in the internet zone (again I'm not sure whether this is only in Pro).

Hi,

I am using alarm zone 3 which after installing, my outlook 2000 in my office which access my company email through exchange and my personal email is partial working. Mostly my personal email is not able to get through.

In addition, some website that I need to login is not able to display any words at all.

BTW, is using the default safe ?

What is wrong with my system or setting, please kindly advise. Thank a lot.

I dont use ZA anymore, but you can change the program settings in the last tab on the control settings. Just go over to the prog you want that is in the list and give it checkmarks. -God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back