Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zombie calls not clearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
I have a site that is getting zombie calls to their main number and getting stuck in a loop –
Call hits the auto attendant, doesn’t select and option,
Call goes to “the operator”,
The operator goes to an extension that has a mailbox.
Since there’s no audio on the call, the voicemail says “Message too short, it is being discarded. You may enter another extension number.”
Nothing entered, the call gets put back to the Auto Attendant.

I’m thinking there might be a technician code that will simply hang up the call rather than kicking it over to the AA. But I can't find anything that's helpful.

I have also tried to set the mailbox to Message only – same result. Set the operator extension to the mailbox to go to a RAD with 1 second of silence – still goes to the AA instead of the RAD.

The call simply stays inside the Voicemail until the auto attendant transfers to the operator.

This is running MiVB 9.4 on an MXe-III controller, so I can’t use the call flow like on the container systems.

Note that I do have a ticket open with Mitel Support on this and they are stumped.

These calls appear to be spoofed caller ID's.

Think maybe running through an ACD path and having a dial option voced prior to anyhing might help. Could say press 1 to continue but also have 0 doe the same. Else drop call

Here's the work around for this:
Sending the call to the auto attendant as before. Caller doesn't press anything (remember, they're a zombie), so the call defaults to the operator.
The operator mailbox is a transfer-only mailbox sending the call to a trusted extension with a menu-node mailbox with only option 1 enabled. Its greeting is "to leave a message, press 1".

THEN using the administrator mailbox, change the timeout behavior to disconnect.
Changing a Menu Node Mailbox Time Out Behavior
Access the Administrator's Mailbox.
Press [2] to edit or delete mailboxes.
Press [2] for the Edit Mailbox menu.
Enter the mailbox number to edit.
Press [#] until you get to the Menu Node Time Out option. The system specifies the active Menu Node Time Out behavior:
"Disconnect on menu mailbox time out is disabled" – callers are sent to the mailbox operator upon time out.
"Disconnect on menu node time out is enabled" – callers are disconnected upon time out.
To disconnect callers upon time out, press [1] (enable disconnect).
To send callers to the mailbox operator upon time out, press [2] (disable disconnect).
NOTE: The default is "Disconnect on menu mailbox time out is disabled".
The system returns you to the mailbox.

Now the caller does get into the menu node mailbox, they have 3 tries to press the option 1 before it simply drops the call.

I set this up today and it is an acceptable work around for the customer (and me).

The new "container based" MiVB's allow for the mailbox to be set up as a call director similar to that of the NuPoint. I wish they would put this feature into the CX-II and MXe-III's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back