Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZfD4.0.1 & ZfD4sp1b Needed, compatible, necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SECOB

MIS
Mar 9, 2004
US
Is there a difference between ZfD 4.0.1 and ZfD4sp1b? If so, which is the latest greatest? I haven't been able to tell in a couple days of combing Novell's site.

It was suggested that we need to patch our 4.0.1 install with 4sp1b but after reading the TID's I've found, that doesn't look good to me. The ZfD4sp1b was suggested after we had two ZfDAgent.msi installs on two XP boxes that locked them up. Hindsight, we now know the XP boxes got the W2k install (different sys dir). Any reason we need to go to ZfDsp1b if we see no other issues and have 4.0.1 already?

Thanks.

I may have found at least part of the answer found at which notes the following:

What is the main difference between ZfD 4.0 and ZfD 4.0.1 ?

ZfD4 .01 contains all the patches provided in ZFD 4.0 SP1b. Clustering support was added to the install on the 4.01 CDROM.

- note that ZEN for Desktops 4 + Service pack 1b != ZEN for Desktops 4.01.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back