Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zfd agent problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick340

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
US
I just upgraded from Zenworks 3 to 4. I'm trying to install the ZFD agents on my workstations using the zfdagent.MSI I copied the nalexpld 3.x files to a folder on my zen server and I'm using the login script below to run the nalexpld 3.x files
REGREAD "HKLM,Software\Novell\ZENworks,Version"
WRITE "VALUE=%99"
IF "%99"="4.00.0012" THEN EXIT
#\\server\sys\zenworks3\nalexpld.exe

I then deploy the zfdagent.msi it deploys fine I reboot and
get a Dr watson message on Naldesk.exe and I have both the nalexpld.3x and 4.x running. If I reboot again then just the nalexpld 4 runs. It seems like the 3.x file is cached in the registry. does anybody have any ideas on how I could correct this?

Server is Netware 6 workstations are NT 4 and 2000 pro

Not certain if this is truly related or not, but with the zfd 4 agents, there was an issue doing one of the updates if the original management agents had been installed using the setup.exe file off the cd. There is a registry key to get rid of prior to the update of the management agents, but off hand I can not think of what it was. Check in the text file for the new agents, I believe it was addressed there. I'll try to find it again to and add.

TL

Thanks for your help the problem was in my MST file I had application explorer running twice in the startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back