Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zeroing Out of Audix to Attd not working properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

distcomp

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
We have a client with a Definity G3 V8 and Intuity Audix 4.0 and when a caller hears a station's voice mailbox greeting they are prompted that they can press 0 to be directed to the attendant. Trouble is it only works when the attendant is not on the phone. If she is busy the Audix returns the message that the extension's line (the operator) is busy and allows them to redirect to annother extension or leave a message for the original extension. It does work when the operator is available.

How do I get the press 0 option from Audix to get placed in que with all the other calls directed to the operator?

I tried directing the "press 0" calls to a phantom extension with a coverage path of ATTD, but got the same results.

The system operator for the Audix is x401, which is the same extension assigned to the Attd 1 in the Definity.

I am not entirely sure whether this is an Audix or Definity related issue. Is it that the Definity will not allow the call to be recieved or the Audix not allowing it out?

All help greatly appreciated...

Do you have a Listed Directory Number (LDN) in your system?

Command: Display Listed

If so used the extension shown on this page. All these calls queue to the attendant.

phonepd is right. You cannot send a call directly to the attd ext and expect it to queue. You need to send it to an LDN. If one isn't defined, just put a new dummy ext in "change listed-direct". Some releases of audix may require you to build a mailbox for the LDN number before making that extension the default zero-out extension. -CL

Thanks for the info.

I do have a single entry (x710) in the Listed Directory Number table.

I just tried replacing the old entry in the Audix with x710 and the transfer never seemed to complete. I just got music on hold forever.

The operator is phone is in night mode and position busy right now, could that have something to do with it not working?

I will try it again during business hours and let you know how it turns out...

It worked perfectly!

The cooresponding extension listed in the Listed Directory did not HAVE to have a mailbox in audix, but without one (and it's recorded name) the automated voice said "transferring to extension XXX" which was not the FEEL I was going for so I created a new extension in the Listed Directory table and created a cooresponding mailbox and system greeting.

Thanks so much for your help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back