Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zero to Different exts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewNic

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2003
US
Im going to need in the very soon future to be able to send

Digit 0 to different exts depending on what building/dept they are in. It seems I should be able to do something with
tenants but not sure where to begin. There will be one tenant with a true console...but most of them would just be a stations.

Any suggustions would be appreciated.

Use 0 as a VDN number. In the vector route the calls based on the ani of the person dialing 0. This would work if your departments had different blocks of numbers.

Good Idea, I see how this would work. But unfortunalty my
my numbers are all over the place with nothing consecutive.

Any other thoughts?

you can put the extensions into VRT's and then use conditional logic

goto step ___ if ANI in table ___

and then at that step do a route-to _____ that's appropriate for the extensions in that VRT

How do the VRT,s point to the vector?

The VRTs don't point to the vectors ... it's the other way around, vectors make use of the VRTs. The VRTs are not specific to one vector; they can be shared across multiple vectors.

I am looking to implement this solution, but have a question. Instead of having only one attendant like the example above, we have 2 attendants that share calls to the main number. Once we take away "0", how can we load balance the calls between these two attendants for incoming calls, internal calls, and vectors? In other words, today we have vectors that have a route to number "0" step that will automatically load balance the calls between the two attendants since "0" is setup as attd. Once we change "0" to ext, then how will we load balance between the two attendants?

bcresswell I would like to help you but I am a little confused as to what you are trying to acomplish. Why are you taking away "0" from the attendants, where is "0" going to go?

I would have a read on Tenant Partitioning, very simple way to configure what your looking for.

Yimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back