Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZENworks imaging w/d865 onboard NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

myersn024

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2004
US
I have a bunch of machines that I can't use ZENworks imaging on because I can't find the right kind of drivers. They all have the Intel D865GLC mother board w/onboard gigabit NIC cards. Can someone help me out?

It is ZENworks 6.5 and I'm trying to use the bootcd.iso found in the imaging directory. I've gotten it to work on some of our older computers that don't have on-board NIC cards. What I really need to know is how to add drivers to the iso file. I've tried several different things (including directions found on forge.novell.com), but nothing has worked.

I´m Sorry but it is easyer to buy new NICs than puting it into the iso file. It could be that the newest Service Pack can help you. I had the same problem but it will take 3-4 day to include it! And you have to be an Linux pro!

I know what you mean. As it turned out, the driver was already in the linux.2 file, but the driver.conf file still needed to have a line added to it. It was easier than I thought it would be but still a total PITA.

It's not that difficult if you visit and get prebuilt ISO and Disk.2 image files.

Only issue is, you have to wait some times for someone to built these for you.

Horst, trying to take an easy way out and installing replacment NIC's present you with a dual NIC issue in the imaging. Pick your pain, cause both your editing somthing in the image files

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer

You could contact your netware supplier and ask them to get you hotpatch3a. Its about 5oomb.
or open an incident and get it.
bootcd.iso is 25mb instead of approx 10.5mb.
supports more drivers.
I had the same problem with broadcom gigabit nic.okay now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back