Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

zenworks 3.2/ntclient 4.8/apps not appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

linus

MIS
Mar 15, 2001
US
Have just installed zenworks 3.2 on a 5.1 server. Apps are being created in console 1, logging into container and the apps are not appearing in nal. Have made sure all associations are correct and that configurations of nal are correct. Any others having similar problems?

did you specify OS for the application object?

bastet

Yes, I did. I figured out the original problem but now have problems with zen 3.2 and refresh. It locks the workstation up with a dr watson error message. I even downloaded the latest client 4.81 and the same error happens. What is really strange is the refresh causes the error but not the launch. What file could be loaded into memory at that time or is the coding different?

I have had very similar problems. Has anybody found a solution to this yet?

Thanks

Is this installation a fresh install, or have there been other versions of ZEN before on the 5.1 server ?

Gary

Dude,

Your best option is to scrap client 4.81, rollout 4.83 (applying the service patch for NWFS). Then, also ensure that you are running the correct (latest) releases of the following three files: wsreg.dll, zen32app.dll and wmgrppol.dll. Your problems should be over thereafter.

Have fun,

Zen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back