Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zenworks 3.2 auto-import question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGliddon

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2001
I am running Zenworks 3.2 on a 5.1 server. I created the workstation import policy and associated with my departments container which happens to be the MIS container. I thought that only users logged in from the MIS containers context would import workstations, but PCs company-wide have been importing. I have each partition for the other sites using a search policy that only searches up to their container.

I thought that meant it would not search my container and use the import policy. What am I doing wrong? Like I said before I created the import policy and associated with the container I am in and the Zen server. How do I stop other sites PCs from importing themselves into my container? I set up the "zenwsimport" server on our AS/400 DNS and all sites can now ping zenwsimport. I will in the future, have each property reporting back to their own import server. That is another question I will have to figure out.

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Sounds like the other containers do not have a Container Policy Package that prevents them from picking up policies from outside their own container.

Actually, sounds like the other containers clients have the zenworks software installed (in client 32). These will naturally look for the zenwsimport service within DNS (or Hosts). Once the zenwsimport service is found, then the server package applicable to the server comes into effect which will cause the workstations to import.

Your only options are to either:

1)remove the DNS entry / hosts entry
or
2) to remove the workstation manager and zenworks components from client 32.

Zen Ad maora ultra vitam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back