Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZEN - Automated profile creation for MS Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrobin7

Technical User
Oct 17, 2007
US
Has anyone been able to successfully automate the profile creation, through NAL, with Outlook?
Thanks for your help! ;)

how are you trying to do it
just make a prf and then set the nal to deliver outlook with a import setting for the prf

inside the prf - you need to tell it to ignore if profile already there

not a big outlook fan etc so cant remeber exact syntax and i dont have access to a prf just now

you can also configure it in the MST using ORK.

Very nice to do if you have the special version of office that provides you with individual MSI files for each office product. Stuck doing it to the full MSI if M$ hasn't blessed you with this really nice version of Office. So far, only two of my customers has been blessed with this version ...

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt SPOOOOON!!!!! [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

I was going down this path and ran into a problem with the %UserName% - our useds have a unique user name when logging in such as "rem2943." So, the user name doesn't reflect the Outlook username of Robert.Mullen@... Any suggestions to pull the proper name from Novell and use it in the .prf?
Thanks
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back