Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zen App Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2003
US
Trying to create a zen app that runs an installer from a CD that I have copied to a directory on the server. Typical Setup.exe and when logged in as administrative user I can browse to executable and run program. I want the Zen app to run as secure user even though users will be logged in as restricted user I can't get the Zen app to work. I keep getting "Could not get needed resources for application [xxx] to be launched (id=-337) Problem: Unable to connect to server [server_x]

I'm sure I'm missing something pretty obvious but all of my other apps work except this one and I just can't figure out the rights or otherwise on it, any suggestion welcome...

A few things I would normally check :
- is the workstation registered and imported properly into eDirectory? is the workstation object updated & functional?

- on the application object, did you use mapped drive to run setup.exe (i.e. L:\AppName\setup.exe)?
Unsecure/secure system user uses workstation connection, not user connection, so it does not recognize drive mapping (which uses user connection) but will work fine if you use UNC.

Good luck :)
Andre

I think Bandjelek nailed it - are you redirecting the My Documents folder to the network drive or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back