Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

zebra TPL3742 force 300dpi

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnvpr

Programmer
Apr 10, 2012
IT
Hallo,

I'm using Zebradesigner to print my labels, how it's possible to set the printer to print 300dpi?

Thanks

i've generated this code in the prn file to send to the printer:

A142,185,3,b,1,1,N,"Cap."

since then I send this file from vb.net to the printer, and change the "Cap." to "Sweater" from vb it will not allign center in the label.

Which is the right way to have a variable text allign in the center?

John

Which is the right way to have a variable text align in the center?

Wait a minute are you changing your question?

You first asked about DPI, now you are asking about text alignment? Again, that is covered within the ZebraDesigner manual.

You also said at first that you were using Zebra's ZebraDesigner, now you are using VB.Net?

If you are using VB.Net, why are you even bothering with ZebraDesigner?

Just do the whole thing from VB.Net using the barcode symbology appropriate font and lay it out like you would any other VB.Net 'report'.

You are making the question very confusing by changing the question focus and by changing the barcode printing software 'tool'.

It would be far better to settle on one single approach and then re-state your challenges.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Yes, you are right!

since I failed to upload images to my tlp3742 (EPL), the only solution i've found to print my labels from vb.net is to print in zebradesigner to a .prn file, then in vb.net change the value of prn. file and send it to the printer in vb.net whit dos copy cmd, but now I have the problem that when I change the value of the command A142,185,3,b,1,1,N,"Cap." from "Cap." to "Sweater" the text is not centered on the label.

John

Lets start again by assuming that you will be doing this through VB.Net entirely and not relying on some PRN file from an external problem.

Now with that 'foundation' - What barcode symbology are you attempting to print?
Code 3 of 9
UPC-A
UPC-E
Interleaved 2 of 5
One of the 2D barcodes
etc.

From that we can determine which barcode font to get installed onto the workstation.

And, if a check-sum is required as part of the barcode, we can get the associated algorithm off of the web.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

I guess that if you're not using barcode, then this (the Forums > MIS/IT > Infrastructure Support > Bar coding Forum) may not be the most optimum forum location to seek out an answer.

While I can offer suggestions for printing your barcodes, etc., I am, unfortunately, not familiar with that specific printer - especially in regards to general (non-barcode) printer use.

I'd suggest that you contact the support group for the Zebra TLP3742
and ask them your questions.
They do have a Programmer's Manual:
That's the route I have always gone with other printers I have needed to write code for.

Or the vendor from whom you purchased it, might also have their own support staff.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back