Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zebra Label Printing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggerD

Programmer
Jun 19, 2002
GB
We currently are printing labels (With barcodes) of to a Zebra printer. We seem to have a problem that if we send too many labels at once the printer overloads and will not print them currectly, if we send a small number of labels they print fine.
Does anyone know what could be causing this and even better how to rectify the problem.

Most likely the printer does not have enough memory to handle larger jobs. Are graphics part of your label? What Zebra Model are you using?

Bill

Bill,
Thanks for your reply the model is the s600 and there are graphics on the label, we have come to the same conclusion regardig the memory issue but any sugestion to the resolution of this problem would be great.

I think that is your problem. The S600 comes with only 1MB Flash according to their spec sheet. Depending on your graphics this probably isn’t enough memory for more than a few labels at a time. They do offer an option for an additional 8MB. Adding the extra memory should take care of the problem if it isn’t too expensive.

Bill

Thanks Bill,
I noticed by your name it says 'Vendor' does this mean you could supply this memory and if so wuld you know how much??
Daren

Daren,

Please send me and email and I will send you a quote.

Bill
wkelley@intellitech-intl.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back